By Chad Stevenson


This letter in particular is addressed to the companies who don't find anything wrong in marketing tungsten rings. I'm sure that I'd have a greater sense of understanding if workers were younger and merely there to take care of high student loans. Unlike these people, though, I refuse to show empathy towards the older workers who are savvy in the way of jewelry and show no remorse in selling these things. I know I'd be single immediately after presenting my love with a tungsten wedding band.

I know very well that one of the many reasons you are able to get away with selling tungsten rings to hapless consumers is because you embellish. You are able to lie, claiming that tungsten carbide is all but impenetrable. Many other consumers will be wiser, though, and these are the people who know the Internet very well. All they would have to do is search online just once and they will see the many testimonials that discredit your words rather than support them, effectively unveiling the worthlessness of tungsten wedding bands in the process.

You have the ability to make people believe that tungsten rings will never expire but there is a dark truth that many people can see into. In essence, substances of Earth are piled into a chart known as the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. The hardest substances are ranked at a 10 and tungsten falls somewhat below this at a 9 to 9.5. Truthfully speaking, a harder substance is typically easier to break.

It's these lies which continue to pile on and that's where many of the problems start to rear their ugly heads. Despite all of the claims made to help the name of tungsten, there have been stories in which fear has risen. I can't even begin to tell you how many times people were turned away from tungsten, for good reasons, citing losing a finger as one of them. I'm not sure too many people are fond of losing a digit because of a ring meant to symbolize everlasting love.

For those people who create or sell tungsten bands, I want to say that you should be ashamed. Your business practices show that people will keep buying these rings but it's even worse when you show no remorse in following through with each transaction. People will settle for less because of these things and it's a shame because there are better alternatives out there. Tungsten is cheap, without a doubt, but better options are out there if people simply looked around.




About the Author:



0 comments